Parents and Friends
This section of the site is designed for parents of a child at the school, or for grandparents, family and friends of the school who want to learn more about what is going on at the school.
The following resources are available to parents and friends of the school:
- Links - Lists of links related to education that may be useful to parents
- News - A regularly updated list of the things going on at school - particularly useful if your child has been off school, or mislaid a letter in their book-bag!
- Calendar - An up-to-date calendar of events going on at the school, including whole-school events, clubs/activities, trips and sports events.
- Friends of Norton School - Information about the Friends, who do a huge amount of fund-raising and organising of social events for the school
- Admission Arrangements - http://www.somerset.gov.uk/education-learning-and-schools/choosing-a-school
- Ofsted Reports - http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk
- Performance Tables - http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance/index.html
“It’s local, small and friendly. We know our child is getting on well and feel we can talk to members of staff whenever we need to.”
“There are great opportunities for outdoor learning and Forest School. Norton Primary has a superb location and good community links.”
“We like the values that are taught to the children, politeness, kindness, consideration and good manners”
“Excellent after school activities and wonderful surroundings”
“We love the family atmosphere and the excellent support that the staff give parents and the children. Such an inspiring environment”