Trips & Visits
Throughout the school year, and at all levels of the school, we may arrange occasional trips or visits to enrich the curriculum and the educational experience of the children. In such cases, the school invites parents to contribute to the cost. All contributions are voluntary, however if we do not receive sufficient voluntary contributions, we may cancel a trip. If a trip goes ahead, it may include children whose parents have not paid any contribution. We do not treat these children differently from any others.
The following is a list of additional activities, organised by the school, which require voluntary contributions from parents. These activities are known as ‘optional extras’.
This list is not exhaustive:
- Visits to museums;
- Sporting activities which require transport expenses;
- Outdoor adventure activities;
- Visits to or by a theatre company;
- Musical events.
Recent events include:
- Farm visits to discover how food is produced locally,
- An afternoon at Montacute House studying the Tudors,
- A day out in Bristol zoo to find out how animals are affected by temperature and climate,
- A visit from a local museum curator demonstrating toys and games from the past,
- A trip to Nothe Fort in Weymouth to find out more about evacuee children during WW2
- An outdoor adventure residential visit to Condover Hall in Shropshire